Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: Our office in Sacramento has an opportunity for an Air Quality Scientist/Engineer. If you are an excellent communicator and have strong attention to detail, then we have a dynamic work environment where you can play a pivotal role in our Air team.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Air quality-related project work, including ambient air quality data analysis, air emissions inventory preparation, air dispersion modeling, and report writing.
- Consulting with and answering technical questions from scientists, engineers, project managers, and external clients.
- Assisting with preparation of proposals, marketing materials, and/or technical papers.
- Business development.
- Project management including:
- Client management and coordination
- Project scope tracking and progress reporting
- Project team coordination and work delegation
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Science, Meteorology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience in air quality assessments (including emissions estimation and air dispersion modeling).
- If applicable a Professional Engineering designation is an asset.
- Can demonstrate advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to client service and quality.
- Proven ability to successfully meet deadlines and manage a number of priorities at the same time.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top