We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity An opportunity exists in Stantec's Tampa, Florida office for a highly motivated Project Engineer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing)
- Design complex and specialized roadway and drainage
- Design engineering projects including the design of limited access tolled and non-tolled facilities as well as arterial roadway projects
- Plan and organize the work of staff members
- Prepare roadway plan and development efforts
- Prepare geometric analysis and calculations in support of designs and establish design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures
- Review plans for conformance with standards
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in Microstation SS4 and Geopak is required. If the candidate can also work in InRoads it is a plus.
- Ability to work in Microstation Corridor Model and/or other 3D Engineering Modeling Software is a plus.
- Design experience in traffic control plans with the FDOT Advance MOT certification a plus.
- Familiar with FDOT manuals, such as the Plans Preparation manual, Design Standards, and Drainage Manual.
- Ability to prepare intersection design and roadway design plan packages and supporting drainage design calculations for those plans.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus, but not required:
- Ability to prepare Water Management District permit applications and develop supporting technical data.
- Ability to utilize drainage software such as ICPR & HEC-RAS.
Minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience in designing major roadway projects.
Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top