Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties An opportunity exists in Stantec's Tampa, Florida office for a highly motivated Project Engineer. The position's qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing); design complex and specialized roadway and drainage design engineering projects including the design of limited access tolled and non-tolled facilities as well as arterial roadway projects; plan and organize the work of staff members; roadway plans preparation and development efforts, prepare geometric analysis and calculations in support of designs and establish design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures; and review plans for conformance with standards.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for design and post design efforts on roadway and/or drainage plans.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida or available for reciprocity.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience in designing major roadway projects.
- Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience.
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in Microstation SS4 and Geopak is required. If the candidate can also work in InRoads it is a plus.
- Ability to work in Microstation Corridor Model and/or other 3D Engineering Modeling Software is a plus.
- Design experience in traffic control plans with the FDOT Advance MOT certification a plus.
- Familiar with FDOT manuals, such as the Plans Preparation manual, Design Standards, and Drainage Manual.
- Ability to prepare intersection design and roadway design plan packages and supporting drainage design calculations for those plans.
- Ability to prepare Water Management District permit applications and develop supporting technical data.
- Ability to utilize drainage software such as ICPR & HEC-RAS.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top