As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Your Opportunity We are currently seeking two Project Engineers to join the team in our Anchorage, Alaska office. Your Key Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be accountable for technical delivery of projects, project performance, scope, schedule, and budget
- Coordinate design progression and development among various disciplines for a variety of mid-stream oil and gas projects.
- Coordinate the preparation, review, and approval of engineering design reports.
- Present engineering deliverables and designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in periodic project status meetings with the client.
- Lead and participate in typical design development meetings including, but not limited to constructability reviews, 3D model reviews, process hazard analysis sessions, and engineering alignment sessions.
- Perform limited design and analysis within the field of professional registration.
- Act as responsible engineer within the field of professional registration for projects you lead.
- Oversee the review of equipment technical bid submissions.
- Report to the Project Manager on budget and schedule for engineering tasks.
- Oversee and mentor junior engineering and other technical staff.
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures.
- Reinforce corporate quality and safety standards.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of engineering work scope and cost estimations.
- Perform quality assurance function for work products before they are submitted to Client.
- Coordinate engineering assessment of field requests on construction packages.
- Coordinate and perform site visits for information gathering.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) designation.
- Minimum 10 years of crude oil pipeline and associated facilities design experience.
- Minimum 5 years of consulting engineering experience.
- Work in the midstream oil and gas industry.
- Supervision of 3-5 other engineering staff/project teams.
Education and Experience Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or relevant Engineering Degree.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top