Project Director, Owner's Representative (Healthcare Buildings)
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Project Director to be based out of our Hauppauge, NY office responsible for a large scale project located on the East End of Long Island, NY. You will work as Owner's Representative onsite for our Healthcare sector.
A Project Director exhibits all the qualities of a Project Manager, which is best described as a detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful individual capable of performing well under pressure, with an ability to adapt to dynamic environments on a daily basis over an extended period of time in the design and construction industry. In addition, a Project Director has the ability to participate in firm-wide planning and management. This individual speaks clearly and persuasively. He/She has a proven ability to excel in a diverse culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests. A Project Director can motivate and inspire others while concurrently gaining the confidence and trust in existing and potential clients. The expectations of a Project Director are to be able to lead and mentor employees, deliver results, emphasize teamwork, stimulate positive change management and recognize performance. The Project Director manages all aspects of multiple projects. He/She interacts with client as project leader while defining the pace, progression and culture of project team.
- Directly manage activities of generally 25-50 project team members.
- Manage projects generally ranging $25m-$200m - both renovations and new/out of the ground.
- Manage multiple healthcare expansion projects as an Owner's Representative.
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Lead design/construction teams including the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner, Contractor and other consultants working directly for Owner, on behalf of the Owner.
- Ensure meeting notes are prepared by the responsible party and distributed to the project team on a consistent basis. Maintain accountability for delivery of assigned commitments.
- Manage the project team's delivery of project scope, budget and schedule. Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project in accordance with Owner's reporting structure.
- Organize and implement procedures for timely review and approval of all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors, based on Owner's needs.
- Engage project team in the preparation of a Monthly Report to client. Present scope, budget and schedule to client.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Building Application and Certificate of Need (CON) process in New York State including applicable codes.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project. Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Assist and help manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 7-15 years' experience managing projects and leading project teams.
- Healthcare sector experience related to design and construction of buildings.
- Bachelors degree in related field, such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to logically and creatively analyze and manage the project budget.
- Understanding of preconstruction/project development process and requirements.
- Understanding of contracts (negotiations, language, and requirements).
- Demonstrated ability to lead project team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Professional Registration a plus.
Back to top