Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Your Duties: The objective of the Project Director is to secure and manage revenue from new and existing clients. The Project Director moves a project from sales to delivery and ultimately creates clients that are evangelists for the firm, thereby creating a continuous stream of new business. Additional responsibilties include:
- Responsible for "contacts" portion of the sales funnel (working with Marketing team)
- Collaborates in the development of proposal and interview strategies
- Responsible for tracking client / competition information (Working with Marketing team)
- Directs the work of Project Managers
- Responsible for the overall performance of projects
- Responsible for the overall relationship with clients, and monitors client satisfaction (follows up and takes corrective action when needed)
- Provides direct supervision of Project Managers, holds them accountable, and provides timely feedback
- Resolves conflict amongst the Project Manager, Project Designer, Project Architect and/or Project Engineers and is the final decision maker when needed
- Rewards project team when appropriate
- Works collaboratively with Project Managers to secure new clients and new work, including the preparation of proposals, interviews, and presentations
- Directs contract negotiations with clients and consultants, and reviews and approves fee proposals as prepared by the Project Manager
- Works collaboratively with office and operational leadership to achieve effective staffing which supports the needs of clients and projects as well as appropriately balances the firm's resources
- Assists in the recruitment of new staff and contributes to performance reviews of existing staff
- Recommends proposed project team to PD / OM and approves removal of non-performers from the project
- Acts as an internal and external ambassador for the firm
- Participates in office and overall firm management
- Responsible for financial performance of projects including A/R collections
- Seals contract documents, and signs contracts and proposals
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture in support of professional license is required;
- Architectural or Engineering license is required; NCARB or NCEES certification is required;
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation required; LEED AP preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top