Project Director, Buildings (Healthcare Sector)
Stantec is seeking a Project Director to be based out of our Hauppauge, NY office responsible for a large scale project located on the East End of Long Island, NY. You will work as Owner's Representative onsite for our Healthcare sector.
Our Program & Project Management group pioneered independent project management in North America over 40 years ago, helping to define it as an over-arching profession distinct from architecture, engineering, and construction management. Exciting opportunities are available to join this passionate and talented group of professionals as we continue to set high standards for performance, innovation and service. This is a place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. We help solve capital project challenges through the use of formal strategic and program/project management processes, enabled by project planning and management technology. Our professionals focus on managing program activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and/or advising clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle. Our track record for success allows you to set the pace of your career.
A Project Director exhibits all the qualities of a Project Manager, which is best described as a detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful individual capable of performing well under pressure, with an ability to adapt to dynamic environments on a daily basis over an extended period of time in the design and construction industry. In addition, a Project Director has the ability to participate in firm-wide planning and management. This individual speaks clearly and persuasively. He/She has a proven ability to excel in a diverse culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests. A Project Director can motivate and inspire others while concurrently gaining the confidence and trust in existing and potential clients. The expectations of a Project Director are to be able to lead and mentor employees, deliver results, emphasize teamwork, stimulate positive change management and recognize performance. The Project Director manages all aspects of multiple projects. He/She interacts with client as project leader while defining the pace, progression and culture of project team.
- Healthcare Sector.
- Directly managing activities of generally 25-50 project team members.
- Project size range generally $25m-$200m - both renovations and new/out of the ground.
- Manage multiple healthcare expansion projects as an Owner's Representative.
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Lead design/construction teams including the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner, Contractor and other consultants working directly for Owner, on behalf of the Owner.
- Ensure meeting notes are prepared by the responsible party and distributed to the project team on a consistent basis. Maintain accountability for delivery of assigned commitments.
- Manage the project team's delivery of project scope, budget and schedule. Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project in accordance with Owner's reporting structure.
- Organize and implement procedures for timely review and approval of all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors, based on Owner's needs.
- Engage project team in the preparation of a Monthly Report to client. Present scope, budget and schedule to client.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Building Application and Certificate of Need (CON) process in New York State including applicable codes.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project. Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Assist and help manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities.
- 7+ years' experience managing projects and leading project teams.
- Healthcare sector experience related to design and construction of buildings.
- Bachelors degree in related field, such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to logically and creatively analyze and manage the project budget.
- Understanding of preconstruction/project development process and requirements.
- Understanding of contracts (negotiations, language, and requirements).
- Demonstrated ability to lead project team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- 10-15+ years of experience.
- Professional Registration a plus.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 7
Discipline Program & Project Management
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top