Your Opportunity: Our Program & Project Management group pioneered independent project management in North America over 40 years ago, helping to define it as an over-arching profession distinct from architecture, engineering, and construction management. Exciting opportunities are available to join this passionate and talented group of professionals as we continue to set high standards for performance, innovation and service. This is a place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. We help solve capital project challenges through the use of formal strategic and program/project management processes, enabled by project planning and management technology. Our professionals focus on managing program activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and/or advising clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle. Our track record for success allows you to set the pace of your career.
We focus on the healthcare, higher education and other institutional clients. We act on behalf of our clients assembling project teams and providing leadership to a successful completion - on-time and within budget. Client satisfaction, value and quality are essential aspects of our business model. Good is not good enough!
We seek individuals with previous experience planning, designing, building and/or managing the development of facilities. Our approach to project management is proactive and entrepreneurial. We believe that there is no substitute for strong leadership coupled with clear and concise communications. The development team must understand the Project's mission as well as the expected deliverables and timeframes. A comprehensive development work plan, which outlines all of the required activities, approvals and contingencies is necessary to insure success. We support the Owner to challenge assumptions and make timely decisions in the context of a complete development plan that forecasts the opportunities as well as the pit-falls. Longstanding relationships with our clients, our project teams, and regulatory agencies foster a level of trust and respect unmatched in the industry.
Your Duties: Candidates should have an engineering, architectural or other related degree and must have strong interpersonal, communications, planning, scheduling, estimating and management skills. We recruit for careers, not projects.
In their role as Program & Project Director/Owner's Representative, Stantec is seeking an individual to act as an Owner's Representative Project Director for the design and construction of multiple healthcare expansion and renovation projects. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning stages through design, construction and occupancy.
- Manage multiple healthcare, higher education or commercial expansion projects as an Owner's Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance
- Communicates daily with the client and project team.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants.
- Day to day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team.
- Lead the Construction Team on behalf of the owner.
- Develop, Track, Update, Forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Prepare Monthly Reports to Owner.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Assist in move-in activities.
- Review and approval all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Reports to project executive.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 5+ years' experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent degree.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Estimating experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top