Project Designer, Electrical Engineering
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your opportunity Come join Stantec's Lynnwood, WA office, where we are looking for a skilled Project Designer to join our growing team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Applies strong technical design skills to produce accurate and timely deliverables
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats
- Collaborates with project managers
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff
- Supports project requirements including basis-of design narratives, opinions-of-probable-costs estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options - Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Often interacts with key clients and project stakeholders
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards
- Expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional experience in designing healthcare, higher education, military and/or life science environments preferred
- Professional experience in the design professional contract document development and administration process
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes
- Ability to prepare and review detailed drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines
- Deep knowledge of discipline specific systems for the built environment
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Ability to demonstrate a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present accurate, professionally written reports and recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Has the ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
- Regional travel is required on a regular basis. Out-of-state travel may be required on occasion.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top