Project Designer, Electrical
- Lynnwood, WA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Project Manager/Senior Engineer. You will assist in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for projects verifying compliance with applicable codes and internal engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performs Revit design for the electrical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with architectural, interior, and other engineering disciplines in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design individual building electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Lynnwood
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001CV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top