Project Designer, Electrical
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity We are seeking an Electrical Project Designer to join our Seattle office located in South Lake Union. You will work closely with experienced project managers, discipline lead engineers, project designers and BIM specialists to develop project concepts and generate quality design in the built environment. Aligned with our core values we offered structured training and technical development, career development and planning, and community engagement. You will actively participate in spatial equipment layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing, and field observations. Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct basic interpretations of drawings, lead engineering markups, codes, and other similar materials.
- Use Revit and AutoCAD software to produce contract documentation to communicate electrical design information.
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination with architects, other engineering disciplines, and design-build contractors to deliver quality projects to our clients.
- Perform preliminary site assessments and construction project observations.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design individual building electrical system components using company standard software and internal tools.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, AGi32, SKM Power*Tools, Newforma preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical or Architectural Engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Engineer-In-Training certification (passed the FE Exam) a plus.
- Prior experience in MEP consulting engineering field preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top