Your Opportunity: Through our architecture and interior design work, Stantec Architecture challenges design ideas of the past to create places that inspire, foster a culture of collaboration and community. We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space - good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities.
Our project types include college and university facilities, pre-K thru 12 schools, science and technology buildings, workplace/commercial, mixed-use, hospitality, healthcare and multi-family housing.
In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers and planners who work together to create innovative, integrated and sustainable solutions. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring, well-crafted environments.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Designer with our team in our Cleveland, OH office. Reporting to office and project leadership, the Design Architect will translate the needs and desires of our clients into a building design. The successful candidate has the ability to lead and inspire the team, client and other stakeholders, especially as it relates to great design, collaborate closely with the Stantec team, and play a significant leadership role in the Schematic Design and Design Development phases and provide design oversight in the Construction Document phases.
Other responsibilities include:
- Apply excellent conceptual, creative design skills and trend setting vision
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments
- Strong conceptual design and design development skills
- Develop and implement overall design concepts
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills; effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers
- Apply knowledge of all aspects of architecture and design
- Understand relationship between design goals and technical constraints
- Work with firm leadership to make strategic decisions related to the projects and pursuits
- Make recommendations to Project Manager regarding staff assignments and general project strategy
- Provide marketing support, including proposal and presentation leadership
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Accredited degree in support of an Architectural license required
- Architecture license an asset
- Minimum 5 years of architectural experience
- Architectural experience with institutional client types preferred
- Highly motivated with inspiring leadership qualities and collaborative disposition
- Significant experience presenting to and working directly with clients
- Strong experience with design software (Sketch-up, Adobe Suite-Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., MS Office Suite) required
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top