Project Coordinator - Transit Advisory Group
Your Opportunity: At Stantec, we design with community in mind. Our Transit Advisory Group is focused on providing consulting services such as business planning, operational analysis, fleet reviews, financial analysis, organizational change, asset management, economic analysis, and strategy support. We primarily serve public sector transit agencies in North America but offer our services to private sector clients as well. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management to improve performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices in the provision of effective and efficient transit.
Stantec has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator in Toronto, ON. The Project Coordinator position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work on diverse transit-related projects that span all elements of the industry including but not limited to planning, operations, fleet, technology, customer service and marketing. As part of our team, you will work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis. This role carries a high level of responsibility including strategically managing the relationship with of one Stantec's most valuable clients.
- Liaise with a multi-disciplined team and provide coordination
- Manage project schedule and risks for transportation discipline
- Proactive oversight of department communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills; this position requires a high degree of interaction with varied individuals from different functional groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; this position requires a high degree of involvement in meetings and regular communication to various stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Details-oriented with a diligence for accuracy
- Ability to both work as part of a diverse design team with multiple objectives and take ownership in tasks and run projects independently.
- Operational and financial analysis;
- Cost-benefit analysis;
- Reporting writing and documentation
- Research, as well as stakeholder outreach and engagement;
- Perform other duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a major in transit planning, business, economics, finance, urban or transportation planning, environmental sciences, project management, liberal arts, operations research, or a related field;
- 1-2 years of related career experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interest and preferably experience in transit, particularly transit operations;
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results;
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is a requirement of this role
- Up to 2 years
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top