Project Coordinator - Engineering/Construction
- Walnut Creek, CA
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
In this postion you will have the opportunity to provide support for the successful execution of projects through conformance to Stantec's ISO requirements, corporate policies, solid project management objectives, and client requirements and standards. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Implements document control processes and procedures established for project functions including document tracking, deliverables scheduling and management, minutes, RFIs, submittals, change logs and other communication tools.
- Works closely with the project team to maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes.
- Provides support to project management and team members to adhere to client standards, Stantec required procedures, and document management.
- Coordinates project invoicing.
- Supports business development professionals.
- Assists with the preparation of high quality, accurate and timely documents such as: specification packages, reports, RFIs, minutes, submittals tracking, and other required documentation.
- Maintains revision control.
- Coordinates project deliverables and schedules.
- Prepares required project set up documentation.
- Follows record retention policies.
- Prepares project specifications, reports, and other required documents.
- Tracks RFIs and submittals.
- Records, composes, and distributes meeting minutes.
- Provides general team support / office support functions as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior experience working in engineering, architecture, or construction field required.
- Prior knowledge of documentation / revision control is required.
- Prior work in documentation control / project assistant role is required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications a must.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Coordination
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001E6
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top