- Honolulu, HI
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transit Advisory Group is focused on providing management consulting services such as business planning, transportation planning, operational analysis, fleet reviews, financial analysis, organizational change, asset management, economic analysis, and strategy support. We primarily serve public sector transit agencies but offer our services to private sector clients as well. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management to improve performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices in the provision of effective and efficient transit.
Stantec has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator in Honolulu, HI. The Project Coordinator will work on our multi-year bus redesign project with the County and City of Honolulu's Department of Transportation Services. Reporting to our Transit Advisory Lead, US West, the Project Coordinator position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work on diverse transit-related assignments that span all elements of the industry including but not limited to planning, operations, fleet, technology, customer service and marketing. As part of our team, you will work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis. This role carries an elevated level of responsibility including strategically managing the relationship with of one Stantec's most valuable clients. The successful candidate will meet regularly with our client at their offices. Meeting hours and locations may require flexibility.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Liaise with a multi-disciplined team and provide overall coordination
- Assist Stantec's Project Manager with administrative tasks
- Proactively support project team communications
- Provide recommendations to meet client challenges, such as population growth, climate changes, and natural disasters
- Perform transit service planning
- Analyze transit service scheduling
- Provide transportation system planning
- Analyze and recommend accessibility improvements / equity analysis
- Research and report on transportation policy changes
- Undertake operational and financial analysis
- Write reports and other types of documents
- Conduct research, as well as stakeholder outreach and engagement
- Perform other duties as required
A typical assignment may include researching best practices, conducting a survey, developing a quantitative model, developing a business case, reporting and client presentations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interest (and preferably experience) in transit, particularly transit planning and operations
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results
- Excellent interpersonal skills: this position requires a high degree of interaction with varied individuals from different functional groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: this position requires a high degree of involvement in meetings and regular communication to various stakeholders
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a major in transit planning, urban or transportation planning, environmental sciences, business, economics, finance, project management, liberal arts, operations research, or a related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related career experience; more qualified candidates will also be considered
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Honolulu
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200001GQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top