Project Coordinator /Assistant Project Manager
Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Project Coordinator/Assistant Project Manager to join our dynamic Environmental Services team. This position is located in the Burnaby, British Columbia Office and works primarily with the local Project Managers and Discipline Leads.
Your Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a project coordinator on large and small multi-faceted environmental projects.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure budgets and schedules are on track and ensure deliverables are produced, reviewed, and finalized on schedule
- Draft letter-proposals, letters, and memos to proactively advance the project.
- Proactively identify tasks, next steps, and meetings
- Coordinate or undertake tasks, prioritizing them in accordance with Project needs and schedules
- Coordinate information flow between the client, stakeholders and individual discipline leads and team members as required
- Develop templates for reports, memos, environmental documents and permit applications
- Review content from discipline leads to ensure consistency with the project style guide, as well as project terminology, etc.
- Attend client and stakeholder meetings with the PM as required and helping to track action items, etc.
- Coordinate document control, and maintain project files and contact lists
- Track work assigned to sub-consultants and other team members
- Coordinate field teams as required to gain efficiencies
- Ensure field staff have completed appropriate H&S documentation and training as required for fieldwork
- Oversee access and timing of field activities to ensure efficiencies are realized with regards to timing and budgets
- Coordinate meetings with the team, tracking and monitoring action items.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors' degree preferred in environmental science or planning with a demonstrated emphasis in project coordination and team management
- 3+ years of experience in the consulting industry
- Familiarity with consulting or project coordination is desirable.
- Experience within the British Columbia and Canadian regulatory environment is desirable (e.g., BCEAA, OGC, Water Act, CEAA, NEB)
- Experience working with project managers to manage budgets, out-of-scope costs, contracts, and subcontractors; and assist with project coordination.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan proactively and problem solve.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top