We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator in our Vancouver office. In this role you will report through a Project Manager / Supervisor on one or more projects. This will allow growth potential as you will be exposed to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. You will have the support and mentorship of our leadership and Programs and Project Management team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform contract administration, coordination and project management support activities as assigned by and in support of Project Manager /Director.
- Conduct cost, schedule and document management functions on projects. As Project Coordinator, you will be required to develop, track, update, cost forecasts, maintain and update project cost reports, develop and update project schedules, support procurement and maintain document management systems through all phases of the project.
- Deliver day-to-day project tracking and communications with the clients and project teams.
- Prepare and distribute project correspondence and meeting notes.
- Review, monitor and record all contracts, invoices, change orders and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Support the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports (internal and external).
- Participate and coordinate project team activities and interact effectively with clients, Contractor, Architect, Engineers, Project Manager, and other consultants.
- Coordinate and participate in proposal writing and business development activities.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating team building activities such as social events and office team meetings.
- Strategize and generate ideas to help manage project risks and add-value for our clients and to their projects.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software including MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project or Primavera.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- General understanding of a project lifecycle including design and construction processes and requirements.
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
1-3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Acquires project management experience through on-the job consulting projects and executing standard tasks.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Back to top