The Stantec organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a Project Coordinator to support our Denver office location.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, self-starter with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Organization, time management, attention to detail and accuracy is critical to this position. This position will work within a matrix management environment, candidate must be able to take work from multiple sources, prioritize accordingly, and communicate workload to direct manager.
Performing diverse project support functions for multiple projects including, but not limited to:
• Assist Project Managers with project set-up, coordinating schedule and budget development and issuance to Project Accountants and Project Controls staff for internal set-up requirements.
• Review project contracts to pull pertinent project information for invoicing, insurance requirements and confidentiality, assist PM's in ensuring project team is made aware of these terms.
• Assist Project Managers with monitoring project progress, developing tracking data, PM reports and other materials as needed.
• Provide subcontract management support to Project Manager by creating and maintaining subcontract logs, completing forms, gathering scope of work, following up on process for amendments, and reviewing/coding invoices.
• Set up and manage administration of project SharePoint sites (as requested); manage document control processes through SharePoint sites.
• Electronic filing (on servers): being consistent and following Stantec document management policy/protocol.
• Run or review reports from financial and accounting data software. Export data to excel to prepare various internal/external reports.
• Support the Project Accountant and Project Manager to follow up on the administrative process for job set-up, invoicing and accounts receivable collections and prepare monthly progress reports.
• Possess outstanding organization skills and capacity to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Assist with production of deliverables, printing and binding, document prep assembling and preparing presentations and reports, including internal team communications.
• Assist with the word processing, formatting and editing of project deliverables, as requested. Following pre-determined Style Guides. Organize the formatting/editing process through SharePoint sites/project server.
• Work with distributed teams in multiple locations in United States and Canada using company tools for teleconferencing, and videoconferencing. Will be expected to organize conference calls with project team members, track action items and notes, and facilitate resolution and follow up actions as needed within the project team.
• Prepare/coordinate project meetings and travel arrangements.
• Other project related support duties as assigned.
In all cases the candidate will be required to follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Able to handle ambiguity and drive things to completion with minimal direction.
• Able to anticipate and seek out needs, ask for further clarification when necessary.
• Able to identify needed and missing information, reference information sources to get needed information independently; and ask for help or confirmation of conclusions from senior staff or peers.
• Ownership of quality and accuracy of own work.
• Consistent drive to improve own knowledge and capabilities.
• Ability to view issues from multiple viewpoints in order to communicate with team members and resolve or avoid conflicts inherent in communication.
• Customer Service mentality when working with both internal and external people.
• High School Diploma required; Associate's or Bachelor's preferred.
• The selected candidate should have impeccable communication skills and superior organizational capabilities. Must be able to work both independently and as a team member with multi-national staff and teams. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including understanding of pivot tables, data analysis functions, and use of formulas.
• Basic understanding of scheduling principles and software, or desire to learn.
• Possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Word (all word processing functions: formatting, macros, styles, etc.).
• Prefer intermediate to advanced skills in SharePoint (managing a site, utilizing the site to its fullest capabilities).
• Prior experience with or understanding of accounting practices (i.e., debits/credits, audit procedures and auditable records, account payables, accounts receivables, profit and loss statements, general ledger) preferred.
• The selected candidate must be able to present a superior level of professionalism and discretion in all interactions, both internally and externally to the organization.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top