Project Controls Specialist
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger. Your Opportunity As a qualified project controls professional at Stantec, you will apply skills in cost controls, communications, and problem solving in a fast-paced, professional, design and construction environment. Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible to develop and implement project controls standards, procedures, and work process.
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules for construction related projects
- Responsible to manage operational and functional project controls consistent with managements expectations.
- Responsible to develop and maintain project management reports to support project controls to include; budgets, productivity, manpower, schedule and man-hours on all projects.
- Interface with management, client representatives, vendors, and other contractors to provide required reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for preparing, to monitor, and review monthly operation reports related to cost, schedule, progress, budget, forecast, and manpower.
- Execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects within a specific business group.
- Actively pursue the identification and definition of cost trends.
- Track and coordinate the progress of the project on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the project is on-track by developing and maintaining detailed product schedules
- Demonstrable skills in the management of project time, cost and estimation.
- General understanding of all phases of project controls .
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of project controls concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top