Project Controls Specialist
Your Opportunity Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, and mine ventilation. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties We are currently seeking a Project Controls Specialist for our Saskatoon, SK and Sudbury, ON offices. The Project Controls Specialist is a junior level role which requires excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver projects.
- Implement established project control processes and procedures for project execution, including, but not limited to, earned value management, management of change, delegation of authority, and cash flow projections
- Support development of Project Execution Plan, Construction Execution Plan and the Project Control Plan liaising with the Project Management Team and Client to establish an approved project control and reporting methodology at the beginning of a project
- Be accountable and drive quality by providing accurate reports within the time-lines set out for the project
- Assist with establishing and applying Rules of Credit with the Project Team that will determine progress, calculate earned value, cost and schedule performance indices and forecast to complete
- Review, assess, analyze and report on contractor progress and performance during engineering, procurement and construction through to the commissioning phase of the project per stakeholder requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely issuance of invoices
- Support Department Initiatives
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess:
- 1 -3 years of experience in performing cost management, scheduling and other project controls functions
- Knowledge in project control fundamentals (AACE) with analytical skills and understanding in financial analysis, schedule analysis, modeling and budgeting methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and work well with others to achieve group results
- Ability to work on several projects or tasks during any given day on a consistent basis
- Must be able to manage time, be organized, and set priorities
- Advanced MS Office skills, proficient in Excel
- Experience with ERP and other Financial/Cost systems (Oracle, Prolog, etc.) an asset.
- Experience with Primavera an asset
- AACE designation an asset
- PMP designation an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top