Project Controls Professional
- Charlotte, NC
Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises.
Our Water Resources Business Center executes large projects for the electric utility industry related to Hydro Dams and Fossil (Coal) Power generation. These projects include the support of integrated Project Controls Analysts who provide schedule, budget, and billing support during project execution. Join a team of project management specialists that's passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities as we continue to set high standards for performance, innovation, and service. We help solve project challenges using formal and strategic project management processes, enabled by project management technology.
Our professionals focus on managing program activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and/or advising clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home.
Stantec is seeking a Project Controls Analyst with 5 years professional experience and knowledge of basic project controls functions related to Project Management in our Charlotte, NC office. In the capacity of Project Controls Analyst, you will be a key point of contact with numerous stakeholders, internal and external to the project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support project managers in the delivery and execution of projects through Earned Value Management processes (cost and schedule) on a portfolio of projects ranging in size
- Prepare cost reports on a weekly basis and issue them to the project team
- Analyze and provide feedback on trends and impacts to projects costs and schedule
- Generate forecast reports related to man-hours and project costs
- Assist in the preparation of project performance reports on a portfolio of projects which include Earned Value metrics, variance reports and technical information received from Project Managers
- Prepare rolling forecast of staff requirements for various projects based on scope of work, input from project managers and other project controls staff; analyze and provide proactive feedback
- Review project invoices and coordinate corrections as required with project manager and accounting department
- Assist in preparation of project change notices, change orders, and maintain change order log
- Perform and/or QC ad hoc reporting as required by each client
- Perform analytics and interpret project/program data for continuous improvement
- Travel, when required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management processes and techniques
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, time-management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients, contractors, and staff at all levels
- Ability to blend client requirements with company standards and methodology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically desired: expertise in MS Excel)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Business Administration, Finance or related field. Project management knowledge related to Earned Value Management techniques and processes with a strong focus in cost analysis and forecasting is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Controls Professional
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000MJ
Back to top