Project Controls Manager
We create the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure
management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Project Controls Manager plays a lead role in ensuring that policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to as well as, providing technical expertise to the Project Controls team with regard to the analyses of project planning and control initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the management of the Project Controls Team and provide mentoring, coaching, and technical guidance.
- Work with Clients and the Project Controls team, to assist with the development of project budgets and development of Work Breakdown Structures.
- Carry out project initiation responsibilities, including: ensuring project teams are established, attend project kick-off meetings, and project close-out procedures are followed upon project completion.
- Develop and oversee preparation of procedures and forms related to project cost control
- Establish new reporting formats and templates (in compliance with company and client requirements).
- Assist in/or set up cost control software, train staff and customize reports to meet project requirements.
- Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on trends and their impact on project costs
- Monitoring project costs and commitment to budget and forecast
- Coordinating the preparation of project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies
- Assessing progress measurement and developing/updating progress curves for progress reporting.
- Presenting and discussing cost information, and maintaining good working relationships with internal stakeholders, the management team, and clients.
- Planning, assigning and checking the quality of work of team members.
- Solving highly complex or unusual issues.
- Establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods and procedures.
- Ongoing review of field staff, client reporting and quality assurance.
- Research and attend conference to remain current with emerging cost control methodologies.
- Actively participate in business development activities related to providing project cost control services.
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, as well as experience in project management software, including scheduling applications such as Primavera and MS Projects, cost control systems, and on-line collaboration tools.
- The position requires substantial influence and communications skills. The incumbent must have demonstrated supervisory and proven leadership skills, along with knowledge and ability to manage a diverse group of personnel.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top