Project Controls Engineer
MWH Constructors is currently seeking a Project Controls Engineer for wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Develop, manage, update, and monitor project schedules and integration into overall master schedule.
• Analyze construction schedule, measure progress against baseline and productivity of consultants and contractors
• Cost loading requirements to develop, manage and monitor budgeted costs as well as forecast monthly costs, trend analysis, conduct change order management and control.
• Earned value management produced in P6
• Develop, manage and monitor program and project specific budgets, cash flow projections and forecasts.
• Evaluate and adjust data regarding cost status, resource requirements, commitment data and productivity variance reports.
• Develop and prepare monthly program and project progress summary reports.
• Update the master schedule monthly. Work with all schedulers for design consultants, construction management consultants, contractors, and management team members and client staff to obtain the latest schedules in the appropriate format for each phase (planning, design, bid/award, construction, start-up) and task, incorporate into monthly schedule.
• Communicate the schedule to management team members, project subcontractors/ consultants and client.
• Attend meetings with design consultants, construction management consultants and contractors to review and approve baseline schedules, and attend regularly scheduled update meetings as necessary.
• Update the project change notice and cost projections weekly. Work with management team members to facilitate delivery of all necessary change notice scope and cost documents from design and construction management consultants to obtain client approval.
• Work with the project team to analyze, assess and implement a claims mitigation/avoidance policy, in support of the division policy.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Engineering or construction management.
• At least 1-2 years experience relevant to project controls including cost and schedule tasks within a construction environment. Candidates demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in terms or project size and sophistication, and exposure to water/wastewater construction projects will be given preference.
• Project scheduling experience covering development of baseline schedules, incorporating subcontractor schedules, schedule updating and analysis of progress, including project compliance processes and audits.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and other normal business applications
• Proficient with Primavera scheduling/project management software (version 6 and above).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with customer facing experience.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top