Project Controls Coordinator
At Stantec, we believe design extends beyond the elements that define space. At its best, design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors, and lends purpose and meaning to our activities. If that resonates with you and you have a passion for educational planning and design we encourage you to submit your qualifications. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to inspire others.
The Arlington, VA studio of Stantec Architecture, a top 10 global design firm, is seeking a Project Controls Coordinator to join our team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Reports to the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) to help address all financial project matters.
- Works closely with the project team and office leadership, maintaining a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes as well as conducting project analysis and developing project estimates, set up forms, risk analysis, budgets and schedules.
- Project Controls -- provide guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls, support and/or implement project control processes and procedures establish for project functions, including management of change, delegation of authority, and cash flow projections.
- Fully understanding the scope of the project.
- Actively participating in development of project estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Working closely with the project team to maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes.
- Producing understandable, timely and useful reports.
- Being vigilant and keeping the project team informed of barriers to maintaining the budget and schedule.
- Understand and optimize Project Controls processes and system(s).
- Coordinate project activity with Financial Project Administration.
- Client and project invoicing/billing - consultant billing audits, supports accurate, timely and compliant project and client billing, monitors AR/AP, pursues collections, monitors consultant budgets, reviews and approves consultant billing, completes consultant coding, performs and completes reconciliations, prepares and assists with financial reporting as needed.
- Monitors WIP and works with finance and office leadership to clean up provisions.
- Assists Accounts Payable (as needed) with payment application direction.
- May participate and/or lead financial billing meetings.
- Interface with clients to clarify cost and schedule related issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A/E industry experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office skills, with advanced skills in MS Excel, Experience with ERP and other Financial/Cost systems (Oracle, Prolog, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities and make timely decisions.
- Possess strong problem solving and analytic skills, including attention to detail.
- Must be organized and organize workflow in a proactive manner.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
An advanced education in project management, accounting, finance or business preferred. A minimum of 5 years' experience performing financial analysis, cost management, scheduling and other project controls functions over the life of a project.
Letter of interest
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Arlington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001VS
Back to top