Project Controls Analyst
Your Opportunity: Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec has an immediate opening for a Project Controls Analyst to join our dynamic Architecture/Interior Design/Buildings Engineering team in New York, NY.
Your Duties: A Project Controls Analyst provides financial analysis support, accurate commitment and expenditure information, performance data, timely cost forecasts, and forward-looking advice to Project Management to support achievement of budget objectives. The role interfaces with internal staff such as office leadership, project managers and finance and external clients and consultants regarding billing inquiries or concerns.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Reports to the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) to help address all financial project matters.
- Works closely with the project team and office leadership, maintaining a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes as well as conducting project analysis and developing project estimates, set up forms, risk analysis, budgets and schedules.
- Project Controls - provide guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls, support and/or implement project control processes and procedures established for project functions, including management of change, delegation of authority, and cash flow projections.
- Fully understanding the scope of the project
- Actively participating in development of project estimates, budgets and schedules
- Working closely with the project team to maintain a current and accurate understanding of project status, issues and changes
- Producing understandable, timely and useful reports
- Being vigilant, and keeping the project team informed of barriers to maintainingthe budget and schedule
- Understand and optimize Project Controls processes and system(s)
- Coordinate project activity with Financial Project Administrators
- Client & project invoicing/billing - consultant billing audits, supports accurate, timely and compliant project and client billing, monitors AR/AP, pursues collections, monitors consultant budgets, reviews and approves consultant billing, completes consultant coding, performs and completes reconciliations, prepares and assist with financial reporting as needed.
- Monitors WIP and works with finance and office leadership to clean up provisions.
- Assists Accounts Payable (as needed) with payment application direction.
- May participate and/or lead financial billing meetings.
- Interface with clients to clarify cost and schedule related issues.
- Produce understandable, timely and useful reports and analysis.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- An advanced education in project management, accounting, finance or business preferred.
- A/E industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing financial analysis, cost management, scheduling and other project controls functions over the life of a project.
- Must be proficient in MS Office skills, with advanced skills in MS Excel. Experience with ERP and other Financial/Cost systems (Oracle, Prolog, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities and make timely decisions.
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Must be organized and organize workflow in a proactive manner.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top