Project Control Specialist
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec's Transportation Department has an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Specialist based in one of our office locations located in: Coral Gables, FL. As a proactive business partner with our project managers, the project control specialist's main objective is to ensure that projects are completed on time and within the specified budget. They do research and data analysis to aid the overall goals of the department by tracking project budgets, scopes, and schedules; forecasting financial needs; monitoring and reporting outcome data; tracking compliance to corporate and legal regulations; and doing ad hoc data analysis for members of the department. This position reports directly to the department's managing leader
- Enter and update project information in proposal tracking system.
- Coordinate with project managers, subconsultants, and Payroll Department to develop project fee proposals and audit packages.
- Aid in contract review process and subconsultant contracting, and obtain custom certificates of insurance.
- Establish hard copy and/or electronic project record directories and ensure project records are filed accordingly.
- Lead project scheduling and baselines, and communicate changes and track progress.
- Coordinate schedule with internal and contractor teams, and control for timely completion.
- Track and analyze financial data and budgets, and produce reports regularly.
- Identify and resolve risks and financial discrepancies or variances.
- Create financial reports and forecasts, and fit them to known trends.
- Develop and update revenue targets for teams within the department.
- Coordinate and consolidate revenue projections from project managers.
- Assist project managers with asset management, including preparation of progress reports and customized invoices, and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Assist project managers with close-out activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field OR a minimum of 10 years of experience in related field for non-degreed applicants
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and capable of effectively assessing data
- A/E industry experience preferred
- Proficient with basic computer software, such as Microsoft Office Products; as well as exprience using Primavera scheduling software
- Experience with the Florida Department of Transportation's Automated Fee Proposal Spreadsheet a plus
- Solid knowledge of general contracting practices for financial terms and conditions
- Ability to determine client preferences concerning invoice formats and requirements for any supporting documentation required
- Ability to organize work flow to allow time to pro-actively be looking ahead to what financial events might affect the project if action is not taken
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top