Project Architect/Project Designer - Buildings
- Pittsburgh, PA
Stantec's Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. Our Commercial and Industrial Buildings sector group is seeking qualified candidates to support our growing practice. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future. Join us to bring transformational building solutions to life.
Join a Top 10 global design firm in our Commercial and Industrial Buildings practice that provides Architecture, Buildings Engineering, and Interior Design services with a long history and deep commitment to the commercial sector. We are seeking a Project Architect / Project Designer to join our buildings practice.
As a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team, you will work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, cutting edge designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for large projects of high complexity.
- Engage in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participate in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details.
- Participate in bidding and negotiation phase and prepares addenda.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Lead project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Participate in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assist in the preparation of the project specifications.
- Coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Participate in constructability review.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of accessibility codes, applicable building codes. Also, knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Strong understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to conduct space planning, block planning and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Ability to develop floor plans, wall sections, and details.
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of architectural document production.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate effectively while working remotely.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field
- Registration preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP a plus
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 200001MZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top