Project Architect/Interior Designer - Hospitality
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec, formally VOA, is currently seeking a full time licensed Project Architect/Interior Designer - Hospitality based out of our Chicago, IL office. Reporting to the Hospitality Leader and other senior project personnel, the Project Architect/Interior Designer - Hospitality will be responsible for the technical documentation and coordination of project/s as defined by the project goals. This individual should demonstrate the ability to successfully create (with some guidance) a detailed set of drawings/specifications from the conceptual/schematic design phases to a permit ready set of drawings.
Your Duties: Design
- Supports the creative conceptual design and schematic design process with technical design and detailing decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors.
- Has strong knowledge of working drawing techniques and procedures, building systems, codes and ADA requirements, and other design constraints/opportunities.
- Helps coordinate work between self, project architects, senior designers, consultants, code, specifications, etc. as directed by the Project Manager.
- Helps maintain a cohesive and coordinated drawing set, and updating the senior designer and project manager on its development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with hospitality projects is preferred.
- A degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited institution.
- Experience with complicated, innovative, large-scale, and/or significant clients is preferred.
- Detailed understanding of and experience using Revit and other graphic programs is essential.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top