- Houston, TX
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Join a Top 10 global design
firm in our buildings practice that provides Buildings Engineering,
Architecture, and Interior Design services with a long history and commitment
to the Texas education sector. Our Houston office is seeking a Project
Architect to support our K-12 projects. The successful candidate will be
developing elevations, sections, 3D renderings and architectural details. You
will be working on innovative and meaningful projects designed with community
Awarded as Houston AIA's 2020 firm of the
year, we are looking to add talented professionals to our team.
- Responsiblefor projects of medium complexity/size.
- Engagesin the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronicmodels, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- UtilizesBIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings andtheir components.
- Participatesin design critiques and pin-ups.
- Interpretsand applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Preparesand revises documentation in various architectural phases including site plans,floor plans, building elevations, building sections and details.
- Participatesin bidding and negotiation phase and prepare addenda.
- Reviewsshop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observationreports and other contract administration tasks.
- Leadsproject coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or externalconsultants, owner, contractor and sub-contractors.
- Participatesin client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic costestimating.
- Assistsin the preparation of the project specifications. Coordination of specs withconstruction documents.
- Participatesin constructability review.
- Conductsquality assurance and quality control on own projects.
Education And Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field.
Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Passion for educational design.
Registered Architect (or seeking registration).
LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000VW
Back to top