Your Opportunity: Through our architecture and interior design work, Stantec Architecture challenges design ideas of the past to create places that inspire, foster a culture of collaboration and community. We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space - good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities.
Our project types include college and university facilities, pre-K thru 12 schools, science and technology buildings, workplace/commercial, mixed-use, hospitality, healthcare and multi-family housing.
In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers and planners who work together to create innovative, integrated and sustainable solutions. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring, well-crafted environments.
Your Duties: We have an exciting opportunity in our Cleveland, OH office for Project Architect, with 5 - 10 years of industry experience. The Project Architect is responsible for the development, documentation, and coordination of the project as defined by project goals established at the outset of a project. This individual will possess a demonstrated ability to successfully lead the documentation, coordination, and overall technical design of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Leads and advances the development of the design concept, championing great design
- Offers and supports creative technical design and detailing decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Understands and leads the integration of code, zoning, market specific best practices and other issues into the project
- Adheres to established project sustainability requirements
- Excels in the art, understanding and approach to documenting how the project is to be constructed
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Responsible for and coordinates all project coordination (consultants, code, specifications, etc.)
- Directs document production in adherence to the project checklist and is responsible for our QA/QC standard implementation
- Understands and researches current trends in construction, building systems, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Accredited degree in support of an Architectural license required
- Architectural license required
- NCARB certification is preferred
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Thorough understanding of accessibility codes, building codes, and life-safety codes
- Thorough knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Detailed understanding and ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of architectural document production
- Proficiency in developing building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit)
- Some facility with other design/graphic software is preferred (Sketchup, Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino)
- Experience with general business and industry software (MS Office suite, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and organizational skills
- Understands the client, consultant and contractor relationships and facilitates integration of needs and interests
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top