Your Opportunity Join a dynamic, award-winning team involved in complex, exciting projects that will not only enhance your career growth, but will also contribute to our community by affecting people's lives in a positive way. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties Our Washington DC office is seeking a talented architect with at least 8 years of architectural design experience to lead project teams who are involved in projects ranging from specialized healthcare, such as particle therapy to commercial projects. The Project Architect ensures projects are delivered on time with the highest attention to detail and technical quality; resolves complex technical/design issues, and provides guidance to the team. The Project Architect must be able to execute architectural detailing with design sensitivity; coordinate activity and communication between the project team and consultants; communicate effectively with contractors and understand materials and methods of construction; be familiar with standard AIA documents and, as a leader, provide oversight, guidance and mentoring of others.
Our team of architects in the Washington DC office is highly collaborative and passionate about design. Staff work across all phases of the project, from beginning to end. Our philosophy is to listen to all good ideas and to help our clients realize their vision.
- Utilize BIM technologies (Revit) in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components
- Ensure that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Prepare coordinated construction documents
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and perform QC peer reviews
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- At least 8 years' experience working for a design firm.
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Architectural license is strongly preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others quickly and effectively.
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Revit).
- Keen ability to communicate effectively with clients, project teams and in writing.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top