The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate toward a brighter future.
A Project Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the public. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge, preferably with a strong background in Healthcare or Education projects. They would be expected to promote design excellence, possess technical skills to support project work and employ strong communication to lead a multi-disciplinary team. Supporting the office leadership and account management team, they will often serve as the primary contact for a client, communicating progress and status as they lead the design team through the documentation of project work from initial conception to construction administration. This shall be done in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Principals group on business development strategy and support account management activities.
- Manage project execution and provide financial oversight to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Supervise and coach junior staff, both as direct reports and on project teams.
- Support client relationships through project work and meetings
- Assist in the confirmation of scope, schedule, goals and priorities, budget and staffing.
- Communicate and monitor an efficient project work plan in compliance with company policies.
- Participate and collaborate on project activities from concept design through construction administration.
- Utilizing BIM technology to advance the design and documentation in various architectural phases.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans.
- Lead project coordination with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractors.
- Evaluate and promote the incorporation of sustainable design principles.
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Participate and support Quality Assurance and Control practices.
- Perform limited administrative and office management tasks
- Participates in marketing activities for the office/company.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Architectural registration, preferred.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP is preferred.
- Good communication skills (verbal/written) and the ability to engage clients.
- Familiarity and use of Revit and Microsoft Office Products.
Education and Experience
A minimum of 10 years of similar experience
Experience in healthcare and/or education projects is strongly preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000A1
Back to top