Your Opportunity Our Victoria Architecture and Engineering group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and community focused buildings. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, engineers and technologists who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture and engineering for a wide variety of sectors. We provide services to a broad range of Vancouver Island public and private sector clients, support National clients with regional projects, and work with the Vancouver office for large project delivery.
Stantec is seeking a Project Architect to support our growing general practice. Principles of community building, place-making and sustainability are hallmarks of our design approach. We design to improve efficiency and reduce costs while facilitating connections amongst people.
Your Duties The Project Architect should have a broad background in commercial, industrial, healthcare and/or institutional projects, promote design excellence, possess technical skills to support project work and employ strong communication to lead a multi-disciplinary team. He/she will often serve as the primary contact for a client, communicating progress and status as they lead the design team through the documentation of project work from initial conception to construction administration. This shall be done in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
- Establishes a relationship with clients to understand and define their needs
- Coordinates all work done for a client including the establishment of scope, schedule, goals and priorities, budget and staffing
- Develops, communicate and monitor an efficient project work plan in compliance with company policies
- Lead project teams on a variety of project work from design through construction administration
- Perform limited administrative and office management tasks
- Participates in marketing activities for the office/company
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture degree at an accredited institution.
- Licensed Architect in British Columbia (Architect AIBC)
- Minimum of 8-10 years' architectural experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity and use of Revit and Microsoft Office Products
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top