Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Take the first step towards designing your career with Stantec. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Accountant to join our team. This position is responsible for the overall management of project contracts by ensuring projects are set up, maintained, and invoiced in accordance with the contract requirements and with Stantec's approved policies and practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Completing project set-up from information provided by the Project Manager (or assistant), ensuring all project attributes and variables have been properly input in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Reviewing contract agreements for proper fiscal authority execution, special invoicing requirements and ensuring all required information is provided to the client during the invoicing cycle.
- Assisting the Project Manager to establish the appropriate work breakdown structure to support client invoicing.
- Regularly updating of budget, helping Project Managers to manage their work within each task budget and determining when work in progress needs to be transferred or written off.
- Generating invoices based on instructions received from PMs and ensuring invoices are accurate.
- Ensure project close out procedures are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensuring all assigned functions are carried out in compliance with approved policies, practices and procedures.
YourCapabilities and Credentials
- General accounting knowledge obtained throughexperience or education
- Microsoft Excel skills are preferred
- Basic understanding of IFRS 15 and Sarbanes Oxleyconcepts is preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to develop solid working relationships
- Solid knowledge of general contracting practices preferred
- Begin to have the ability to organize work flow toallow time to proactively be looking ahead to what financial events mightaffect the project if action is not taken
High School Diploma with a minimum
of 2-3 years of related work experience required; or equivalent combination of
post-secondary education in a related field and experience.
This position will primarily work in
an office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long
periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Finance Project Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000VA
Back to top