MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company is seeking a Project Accountant to support a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
This Project Accountant position will work closely with team members to consistently perform the application of financial principals to a variety of transactions within assigned standards of quality and timeliness.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Prepare and maintain job setups, invoicing, Billing Rate Tables (BRT), project budgets, change orders, sub-agreements, billings, cost transfers, credit memos, missing rates, non-billable costs, close-outs and associated files for assigned projects.
• Establish an efficient invoicing schedule to support invoicing and DSO objectives.
• Prepare revenue analysis and reconciliations for projects through projections and MWH tools.
• Understand all aspects of the project life cycle.
• Maintain a basic understanding of contracts and the impact on projects.
• Verify accuracy of all data inputs and outputs and ensure timely submittal of outputs as required.
• Consistent communication with reporting manager and operations staff of all project work and ability to meet timelines.
• Play a key customer service role and must be personable, professional, and knowledgeable in areas of assignment.
• Create, maintain, and enforce process documentation.
• Consistently perform the application of accounts receivable and payable principles including revenue recognition principles under US GAAP within a wide variety of complex transactions within the organization.
• Conduct analyses; provide recommendations and alternative solutions to improve financial performance and profitability.
• Maintain accounts receivable and payable accounting analysis.
• Understanding of multi business unit accounts receivable and payable functions and standards.
• Work closely with project controls personnel to ensure timely and complete proposal reviews and job costing structure.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar field of study (Equivalent combination of experience, skills, and training may be substituted).
• Minimum of 5 years of related construction experience.
• Strong change management skills with a passion for working in a changing environment.
• Advance knowledge of Excel, Word, and Access skills.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards E1 systems.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top