Program Manager - Power, Water Power & Dams
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to drive our Power, Water Power & Dams (PWPD) Program in California. The primary role will be to lead and grow our successful business operations in California.
Our existing PWPD operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of power sector and water storage projects including:
• hydropower and dams,
• renewables (wind and solar) ,
• energy storage,
• thermal power and production, and
• transmission & distribution
The position will be located in one of our primary offices in California.
This leadership position will be responsible for business development as well as management of our existing operations. The individual will have a dual responsibility to (i) interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels and (ii) externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. The PWPD operation in California is supported by more than 1,000 PWPD staff across the United States and Globally as well with the entire 22,000 staff of Stantec.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Business Development and Marketing
1. Stantec's business model is to maintain and grow key relationships with existing and prospective clients across multiple organization lines. This role would promote and enhance the client-focused approach to foster an active and in-depth knowledge of the client organizations, business issues and drivers across California and the western U.S.
2. We are active in developing our client relationship to lead to long-term sustainable work opportunities. This role would actively recruit new or existing client-focused team members for core clients and help establish appropriate goals and objectives to grow business opportunities.
3. Work across the multiple business lines within Stantec to develop new business opportunities for existing and prospective clients. This responsibility also includes evaluating opportunities with respect to our core technical expertise, geographic location, and client knowledge and relationships across California and the western U.S.
4. Work with Stantec's internal technical and business develop leaders and strive to establish appropriate proposal strategies for winning new work. This includes identifying key opportunities, developing strategic messaging and supporting in proposal development and interview presentations.
5. Promote and enhance the Stantec brand through participation in conferences, workshops, presentations, interviews, and other industry-related activities.
1. Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
2. Actively engage with PWPD staff and leadership team and clearly communicate the needs and expectations required to grow and maintain a successful California business operation to staff at all levels.
3. Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
4. Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team. This also includes providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions
5. Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Qualifications The successful candidate will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
• Minimum 15 years' relevant experience in the hydropower, dams, and/or renewable power sectors in California.
• Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in power sector-related engineering discipline or sciences.
• Proven experience developing business for renewable power, hydropower, and/or dams sectors in California.
• Demonstrated successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with local staff and key staff from other locations within Stantec, and with existing and prospective clients.
• Demonstrated successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
• Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
• Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
• Regional travel up to 40 percent of time.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top