Program Manager, Hydropower
Stantec is currently
seeking a Principal Environmental Regulatory Specialist with an emphasis on hydroelectric
power and water infrastructure for our Environmental Services Practice in the Western
US. The duty location is flexible and could include Stantec's Sacramento, San
Francisco, Portland, and Seattle offices. The ideal candidate will have a
minimum of 10 years of experience successfully executing and managing
environmental services for the water and water power sectors. Candidate must have
a demonstrable experience of successful Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
(FERC) relicensing and license implementation work. In addition, CEQA/NEPA, Clean
Water Act Sections 401 and 404, Federal Endangered Species Act Sections 7 and
10, National Historic Preservation Act Section 106, California Fish and Game
Code Section 1600 et seq. and the
California Endangered Species Act experience is beneficial. Some
experience with electric transmission and distribution projects is also
desired. Strong emphasis will be placed on previous experience with public
agency infrastructure and FERC regulations, quality of work, ability to manage
programs and teams, and ability to facilitate continued growth of Stantec's Water
and Hydro Power Sector and Environmental Services throughout California and
other western states.
Your Key Respo nsibilities
- Manage the hydro power infrastructure projects forStantec's Western Environmental Services Practice.
- Supervise technical staff.
- Direct, manage, and/or assist with the preparation of FERC,CEQA, NEPA and other environmental compliance documents for a wide rangeof public and private clients with an emphasis on hydro power facilities.
- Identify, pursue, and win hydro power projects in throughoutStantec's western region.
- Prepare proposals, lead interview teams, and bring inwork to support the Environmental Services team.
- Develop clients and expand market share in the HydroPower Sector.
- Bring project schedules,budgets, and scopes of work to successful completion.
- Regularly interface withrepresentatives of Stantec's Water Power and Dams Practice (engineering, designand construction management) to facilitate inter-Practice cross selling ofservices.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication skills,both written and verbal. Public speaking skills are desirable.
- Ability to plan, direct, andmonitor all aspects of large, multi-discipline projects, medium-sizedprojects with a high degree of technical complexity, and small projectswith minimal environmental constraints.
- An ability to manage severalprojects simultaneously is essential.
- Demonstrable marketingexperience and client development and retention skills are required.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree in
environmental planning, environmental science, engineering or a related field.
A master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of 10 years (15 years preferred) of progressively responsible and
applicable experience with program management and environmental documentation
for hydro power projects.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-Oregon-Portland, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002TT
Back to top