Program Management Lead
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec's Programs and Business Solutions Group (PBS) is currently seeking a Program Management Lead in our Toronto office. The role involves expanding Stantec's program management work within Buildings, Infrastructure, and Water, along with ensuring successful delivery of all program management assignments to our clients. Significant operational responsibility and good people skills are essential. Direct reports to this position would include program managers within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) area, plus other operational staff as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need a sound knowledge of program management delivery fundamentals. You will also have a proven track record in the ability to grow a team and win new clients and grow your team's portfolio.
It is essential you have proven leadership skills with experience in managing team relationships across a number of locations and disciplines. You will have excellent communications skills and lead your team through demonstrated commitment and collaboration. You must also have proven experience at mid to senior level management as well as proven successful operational responsibility.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Financial responsibility for the Program Management business in the GTA offices
- Win Program Management assignments in various business lines including Buildings, Infrastructure, and Water.
- Manage business processes for Programs (e.g. strategic planning, Go-No Go, contract reviews, financial management and reporting) in coordination with the PBS Programs Business Leader.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the Program Managers, Finance and HR.
- Help solve any commercial/client problems.
- Manage costs of the GTA Programs Team to ensure resources are appropriately sized and deployed.
- Recruit, develop, and retain key staff to serve in leadership roles in winning and delivering work.
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports and set annual goals.
- Ensure staff are following all company requirements for Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to allow staff to grow their own capabilities to help better leverage Stantec's experiences to existing and new clients.
- Perform market analysis and identify potential program management opportunities.
- Lead marketing of program management opportunities in the GTA, calling on various global PBS resources as well as other business lines for support.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be named in a senior role on key opportunities (e.g. Program Director, Program Manager, Technical Leader) as appropriate.
- Build Stantec brand as preeminent provider of program management services in the region.
- Serve as client service manager for selected clients and maintain senior client relationships with all program management clients in the region.
- Support other Stantec operations in the region in winning and delivering work.
- Assist other Programs Teams with program management opportunities.
- Actively participate in local conferences and professional organizations, as appropriate.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to identify, position for, and secure new work from new and/or existing clients.
- Demonstrated superior written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced team building and leadership skills.
Education and Experience
Minimum 10 years of related program management experience including the ability to manage large, complex programs on time and within budget.
Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
Post-secondary degree in the areas of Project Management, Architecture, or Engineering.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001LV
Back to top