Professional Land Surveyor - ( 210000FG )
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec is searching for a Professional Land Surveyor with experience of Michigan survey laws to join our growing Ann Arbor, MI office. As an integral part of our multi-disciplinary team in the North Central, you will be given a career defining opportunity to help grow our geomatics presence through client focused partnerships while delivering innovative solutions for remote and challenging environments or complex urban settings.
Services will include boundary and cadastral surveys, topographic mapping, construction staking, residential builder layout, ALTA/ACSM surveys, 3D laser scanning, geodetic and control surveys, route surveys, as-built surveys, aerial photogrammetric mapping, water rights surveys, hydrographic/bathometric mapping, and subsurface utility engineering.
Are you passionate about teamwork and collaboration and ready for the next step in your career? Tell us who you are and Apply today! This position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI and is eligible for relocation assistance.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the growth of key accounts with a focus on professional land surveying services.
- Provide leadership on a variety of land surveying services including.
+ survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, record drawings, research, and written descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
+ signing and sealing of survey documents that have been prepared by you or under your direction.
+ monitoring of project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Leverage Stantec resources to ensure the successful execution of work. This includes working directly with project team members & Stantec's network of registered surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Mentor staff as we grow our client base and workload.
- Engage and develop relationships with key industry partners that can help advance Stantec's position in the marketplace.
- Work with our marketing and business development team to support the pursuit and capture of projects
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced knowledge of local survey laws, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
- Experienced in the use of software skills in survey processing and technical software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GPS, and robotic total stations. 3D laser scanners and aerial photogrammetry would be ideal.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Skilled team player capable of building relationships internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying, or related field.
- Land Surveying or equivalent Licensure for MI required within 12 months of hire
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out-of-town projects when needed.
- Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. At Stantec, we live our corporate values every day.
- Stantec was ranked the 5th most sustainable company in the world and the 1st in North America by Corporate Knights for our 2020 performance.
- In February 2021, Stantec announced a pledge to be carbon neutral for 2022 and achieve operational net-zero by 2030.
- Stantec is the only engineering design firm that has been rated a Climate Leader with an A- score by CDP for the last three years.
- Stantec has been named by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and America's Best Employers for Women. Additionally, the American Indian Science and Engineering Society selected Stantec as one of the Top 50 workplaces for Indigenous STEM professionals.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Other Locations : United States-Michigan, United States-Ohio-Toledo, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Ohio-Sylvania, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Ohio-Cleveland, United States-Ohio-Columbus, United States-Michigan-Berkley, United States-Michigan-Okemos, United States-Michigan-Farmington Hills
Job : Survey Technician
Organization : BC-2075 Water-US Ann Arbor MI
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 22, 2021, 6:40:23 AM
Req ID: 210000FG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans