MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction firm, is currently seeking a Procurement Specialist to support our new wastewater project in Dallas, TX.
The ideal candidate will have experience administering and coordinating project purchasing activities including services, materials, and equipment within a heavy civil construction environment. This hands-on position reports to the Corporate Procurement Manager.
MWHC is a licensed, bonded general contractor providing construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL EXPEDITING DUTIES (70% of Job)
• Manage, coordinate and advance major equipment and material purchase orders to achieve an on time delivery. This is to be achieved in strict accordance with corporate procurement policy, project specifications and schedule.
• Liaison between the corporate procurement, on-site construction team, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure procured services and/or material deliveries are on time and within budget.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with equipment, material providers and subcontractors.
• Provide regular, timely, effective and efficient reporting of vendor documentation submittals.
• Monitor production schedules and progress, anticipate potential delays and works with vendor and project team to resolve any problems or areas of concern.
• Maintain appropriate records that include supplier correspondence, documentation, purchase orders, and other auditable documents.
ESSENTIAL BUYER DUTIES (30% of Job)
• Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
• Recommend source selections, and working with Contracts and Risk teams, plan and participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders. Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
• Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
• Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
• Administer purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
• Minimum of 5 years material/equipment purchasing and expediting experience.
• Purchasing and expediting experience of heavy industrial and or civil construction goods and services.
• Excellent communicative, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
• Committed and experienced team player.
• Equivalent combination of related experience and technical training may be substituted.
• Competent with Microsoft business suite of software, especially Excel.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slaydern and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top