Procurement Project Expeditor
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is currently seeking a Procurement Project Expeditor to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client located in the Phoenix, AZ metro area.
The ideal candidate will have experience administering and coordinating project purchasing activities including services, materials, and equipment within a heavy civil construction environment. This hands-on position reports to the project Procurement Manager on site in Arizona.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government buildings, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies.
• Manage, coordinate and advance major equipment and material purchase orders to achieve an on time delivery. This is to be achieved in strict accordance with corporate procurement policy, project specifications and schedule.
• Liaison between the corporate procurement, on-site construction team, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure procured services and/or material deliveries are on time and within budget.
•Establish and maintain positive relationships with equipment, material providers and subcontractors.
•Monitor vendor production schedules and progress, anticipate potential delays and works with vendor and project team to resolve any problems or areas of concern.
•Provide regular, timely, effective and efficient reporting of vendor documentation submittals.
• Maintain appropriate records that include supplier correspondence. documentation, purchase orders, and other auditable documents.
• High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and/or related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years material/equipment purchasing and expediting experience
• Purchasing and expediting experience of heavy industrial and or civil construction goods and services
• Excellent communicative, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
• Committed and experienced team player
• Equivalent combination of related experience and technical training may be substituted.
• Competent with Microsoft business suite of software, especially Excel
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top