MWH Constructors (MWHC) is currently seeking a Procurement Manager to support our new wastewater project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC is a licensed, bonded general contractor providing construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater infrastructure.
Administer, coordinate and supervise project purchasing activities including services, materials, and equipment. This hands-on position reports to the Corporate Procurement Manager.
1. Provide QA/QC of project purchasing to ensure compliance to company and Owner procurement policies and procedures including the use of standard agreements.
2. Recommend, develop and/or implement best practices/improvements for project procurement policies and procedures.
3. Work jointly with Corporate Procurement and local project team with:
a. Developing project specific procurement plan.
b. Identifying project applicable procurement requirements.
c. Conducting subcontractor and vendor solicitations and MBE outreach, including working to encourage and enhance the participation of the local subcontracting community.
d. Developing request for qualification packages and bid packages.
e. Receive, analyze, and communicate bid results.
4. Review all packages prior to distribution to bidders and obtain other required approvals.
5. Review purchase orders, purchase agreements and subcontracts prior to distribution.
6. Assist corporate team in preparing and presenting major purchasing proposals to Owner when requested. Work jointly with corporate team to implement program after contract award.
7. Contribute to and provide training for procurement team and initiate corrective measures as necessary.
8. Assist project team members in interfacing with Owner, A/E, subcontractors and vendors to ensure all purchasing requirements are met and issues are resolved.
9. Provide procurement input to project planning meetings and team meeting during execution as necessary.
10. May include recruiting, hiring and developing professional procurement staff through matrix responsibility with project staff management.
11. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
12. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
• 4-year technical or business degree
• Minimum of 8 years material/equipment purchasing and expediting experience
• Purchasing and expediting experience of water equipment used in the water/wastewater construction industry required
• Experience establishing sound relationships with suppliers of water/wastewater equipment and materials
• Experience with onsite/field procurement and material management
• Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills
• Strong writing skills and attention to details a must
• Committed and experienced team player
• Equivalent combination of related experience and technical training may be substituted.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top