Process Piping Designer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Our Buildings Science and Technology is dedicated to designing flexible facilities and processes that respond easily to change requirements, maximize the number of innovations produced and minimize the time and to develop them. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects, which extend from initial feasibility studies through construction, commissioning and validation. Stantec's team of science and technology professionals has an opportunity for a self-motivated individual in the role of Process Piping Designer. As the successful candidate your responsibilities include generation of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), preparation of 3D modeling of equipment and piping systems, development of detailed isometric drawings from the 3D model, and equipment arrangement drawings.
This position can be based in ALBANY, BINGHAMTON, OR ROCHESTER NEW YORK offices. There is also availability for the role to be based out of our MIAMI Florida office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various project phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (architectural, structural, electrical, civil, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating
- Ability to perform on-site design services.
- Work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline team.
- Understand and work within Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Support process engineering deliverables on multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Support development of Process Simulation through commercial software
- Develop PFD (Process Flow Diagrams) diagrams
- Develop P&ID's (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams)
- Develop material selection diagrams
- Prepare data sheets and specifications for equipment procurement
- Ensure all work is completed with safety of paramount concern.
Your Capabilities and Credential
- Good Communications Skills/Cooperative/Team Player.
- Experience with 3D environment
- Proficient with Autodesk products: Revit, AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD P&ID and/or Plant 3D
- Self-starter, excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team-based environment, previous experience in manufacturing area.
- The ability to interpret P&IDs to develop corresponding piping plans is a plus.
- Previous experience in hygienic systems such as pharmaceutical or food and beverage, is a plus
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education from a recognized technical college as an Engineering Technologist or equivalent experience.
Minimum five (5) years of experience in design of piping systems
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Designer
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001QY
Back to top