Process Environmental Engineer
- West Palm Beach, FL
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a Process Environmental Engineer your role will be to both help develop and scope projects and collaborate with internal and external teams to implement projects through all phases of a project's lifecycle. You will be responsible for data collection, analysis, communication with vendors, equipment selection, modeling, and developing control strategies to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction, on-time delivery and profitable performance.
Project types will be related to water and/or wastewater projects, pump station design, water supply and/or wells, or similar.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully assist in development of project scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor internal and subconsultant work to produce deliverables.
- Demonstrate familiarity with mechanical design, P&IDs, I&C for water treatment and chemical feed systems.
- Manage multiple projects/task orders simultaneously
- Establish project/task order objectives, procedures and performance standards
- Lead project teams in the preparation of technical reports including permit applications, technical memoranda, preliminary design reports, design reports, and engineering work products.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project/task order objectives.
- Track and manage costs and schedule and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Develop internal network within water practice group and provide mentoring and training for junior staff.
- Ensure compliance with project plans and procedures
- Understanding and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Capable of working with and leading teams as necessary through all phases of project document production.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Capable of participating and collaborating in project team setting to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight and engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation, technical and soft communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership on projects and organizing project teams.
- Perform, review and provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of engineering calculations, design drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to mentor junior staff on engineering design, calculations, and development of technical specifications.
- Capable of serving as technical lead, interfacing with clients, engaging local and remote staff, and interacting with permitting agencies and partnering consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Requires fluency with Microsoft Excel for data management
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
Bachelors or master's degree in
Environmental Engineering, or Civil Engineering with an emphasis on
Environmental Engineering. Licensed Professional Engineer preferred but not required, with 2-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for
long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000012F
Back to top