Process Engineer - Water
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Columbus, OH office is seeking a Process Engineer to join our Water Group.
Your Duties: Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a design task lead for the process preliminary and detailed design for municipal water and wastewater treatment projects delivering quality drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate the process design with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and structural.
- Mentor junior engineers on various tasks within the design.
- Coordinate with vendors within the design phase and during construction through the submittal and RFI process.
- Serve as a technical lead representative during construction for the process design.
- Develop the basis of design and technical reports to prepare collection system and water and wastewater treatment facility plans.
- Contribute to business development efforts meeting with new and existing clients.
- Assist in developing process discipline practices and standards for the business unit.
- This position also requires the ability to handle significant project responsibilities, to effectively work with other Stantec team members.
- Present at local and state conferences on water/wastewater treatment topics.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- B.S. in environmental engineering required, M.S. a plus.
- 10 to 15 years of experience.
- Passing of the PE exam required.
- Board Certified Environmental Engineer is a plus
- Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) is a plus
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top