Principal Water & Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Project management, project delivery and technical sales. We are looking for someone with experience or interest in the evaluation, planning, design and construction administration of water, wastewater, and recycled water infrastructure projects including proposal, scope and fee development, alignment studies, condition assessments, rehabilitation evaluation and design for trenchless rehabs, pipelines and pump stations. This position offers the right candidate the ability to make a major career advancement. This is an opportunity to improve and grow leadership skills, and become a recognized technical resource for a growing southern California conveyance practice. If you are a project engineer or project manager looking for a chance to contribute to significant projects in one of the largest engineering markets in the country, this may be the right time to make a career move.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Actively manage assigned projects to meet budget and profitability goals for projects assigned
- Manage and execute work involving conventional types of civil and utility engineering principles and other related activities for new and existing water, recycled water, wastewater, conveyance, and civil/site projects
- Develop and prepare reports, planning studies, specifications, detailed design drawings, and construction submittal reviews calculations, models and other technical deliverables for civil/utility, conveyance and infrastructure related projects
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make adaptations and modifications to projects
- Lead project teams in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies
- Direct the work of, communicate effectively and coordinate with, project teams including other disciplines (drafters, designers and other engineers)
- Delegate and oversee the work of subordinate technical staff and engineers
- Provide consultation in specialized areas (wastewater/water conveyance and civil design), make decisions and solve problems
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings
- Assist with business development pursuits, as requested
- Position may require local travel and off-site field visits
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Experience with condition assessment of water and wastewater infrastructure for gravity and pressure systems
- Experience designing water and wastewater pipelines and pipeline rehabilitation projects
- Experience with wastewater pump station and potable or recycled water pump station design preferred
- Strong project management or project engineer skills
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.), M.S. preferred
- 8-15 years of progressively increasing responsibility required
- California Professional Engineer registration, and ability to acquire PE in other states
- NASSCO PACP/MACP/LACP certification and desire to become Trainer
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Pasadena
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: MIG-32909
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top