Principal Wastewater Process Engineer
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Primary responsibilities will include project management, project delivery and technical sales. We are looking for someone with experience or interest in the evaluation, planning, design and construction administration of wastewater and recycled water treatment facilities including proposal, scope and fee development.
This position offers the right candidate the ability to make a major career advancement. This is an opportunity to improve and grow leadership skills, and become a recognized technical resource for a growing southern California treatment practice. If you are a project engineer or project manager looking for a chance to contribute to significant projects in one of the largest engineering markets in the country, this may be the right time to make a career move.
In this role you will delegate project work to subordinate engineers and supervise their work and will provide consultation in specialized areas. In addition, the candidate will serve as a Client Service Manager (CSM) for select Clients..
Other responsibilities will include:
- designs, evaluations, and troubleshooting for wastewater treatment processes (liquids and biosolids), improvements and upgrades for municipal and industrial clients.
- engineering/consulting for industrial water treatment, potable water treatment, and water treatment for reuse/reclaim.
- Execute activities on projects for master planning and design of wastewater systems.
- Provide successful management of small to large projects that meet or exceed the project success metrics.
- Analysis, calculations, research, selection, and layout, necessary to develop required new installation and rehabilitation design documents.
- Oversee and direct the work of staff engineers assigned to projects.
- Technical and quality control review of study, planning and design documents.
- Coordinate with project managers, client service managers, and other project personnel from other disciplines.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and for professional meetings.
- Develop proposals and presentations including project understanding and approaches, and level of effort estimates.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a team of Stantec employees to ensure our service delivery and marketing address client critical success factors and Stantec quality standards and maximize client revenue potential. This includes maintaining and implementing client strategic and tactical action plans to position for future work.
Minimum 10 years of professional experience and PE. MS Environmental Engineering or equivalent with course work in biological processes, aquatic chemistry, and water/wastewater treatment laboratory techniques. Experience with biological process model(s) for wastewater treatment simulation (i.e. BioWin, GPS-X). Must have strong working understanding of the activated sludge process and its variations including BNR configurations. Some project management experience in a consulting environment.
Preferred: 15 or more years of professional experience with focus on wastewater process engineering, experience with wastewater treatment plant operation, wastewater treatment operator's license, expertise with anaerobic processes for biosolids.
Job ID 32908
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top