Principal Urban Drainage Modeller
Stantec UK currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Urban Drainage Modeller to join our team in Leeds, on a permanent basis.
Primary purpose of role;
Contribute to Stantec's business goals by providing team leadership, technical leadership and expertise in specialist areas of modelling and data analytics.
To play a leading role in urban drainage modelling to support the feasibility, scoping, designing, managing and implementing the delivery of leading edge programmes and projects. Support the development of data analytics linked to wastewater services.
Work in conjunction with Project Managers to provide technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectation.
• Leadership of a team of approximately ten urban drainage modellers based in Stantec's Leeds office, taking responsibility for local staff management, identifying right staff for project roles and managing workload. Work with TDLs and Resource Managers to facilitate wider resourcing decisions.
• Provide technical expertise within the urban drainage modelling sector
• Leading a team of modellers you will be involved in a variety of schemes from model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the models to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the wastewater and stormwater network.
• You will also be involved in leading a team in undertaking the development of modelled engineering solutions and catchment strategies to mitigate the effects of development and climate change, to solve sewer and surface water flooding, to address unsatisfactory overflows, operational deficiencies and water quality issues.
• Preparing of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
• Build relationships with new clients and key stakeholders
• Provide guidance and training to less experienced members within the team
• Facilitate the exchange of ideas, concepts and skills throughout the company, through effective networking of staff, use of intranet etc
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Principal Urban Drainage Modeller
To be successful in this role, you will need;
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
• A chartered member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. ICE, CIWEM.
• Extensive experience in water industry and previous experience in leading the modelling of wastewater and stormwater networks
• Strong Business Development skills to include an understanding of market demand and the ingredients of a successful bid, being a successful networker and having commercial acumen.
• Excellent business acumen in terms of marketing, performing to budget and recognising business opportunities.
• Must be able to meet tight time constraints, and willingness to work extended hours as required.
• Excellent Technical Management/Technical Leadership skills.
• A full understanding of InfoWorks ICM
• Working knowledge of using GIS and data analysis tools is preferable
• Experience in the management of staff and staff development
• Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management over other modelling staff
• Experienced level of decision making
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Excellent client service focus
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Management Other, Modeller
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that designing a great career is as important as Designing with communities in mind .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec...we're looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-West Yorkshire- Leeds
Back to top