Principal, Senior Project Manager
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The role of a Project Manager is to use their technical understanding and experience to lead and work cooperatively with a team to develop project proposals (scope/schedule/budget) and manage those projects to stay within these proposed parameters. In addition, project managers manage scope change, coordination with owners and manage risk. Project managers also work directly with the technical lead(s) to deliver high quality design and planning products. Seeking a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for water and/or wastewater-related projects completely, including the management of existing client relationships and bringing in new clients.
- Lead the preparation and coordination of the process design, project detailed design, project specifications with construction documents, including technical documentation from equipment suppliers/vendors (e.g., proposals, contracts, shop drawings, deliverables, scope of supply, deliverables, test data, etc.) to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards. Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives. Manage contract tasks, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory and/or funding agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Remain current on regulatory policy and rule changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Support marketing and business development professionals in positioning for potential projects, writing technical portions of proposals, participating in client interviews, and supporting negotiations for project contracts.
- Provide mentoring and training for less experienced project managers.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project execution of multiple concurrent projects. Position requires the ability to manage significant projects and effectiveness in working with a team.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, project budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing.
- Experience in professional practice, project management and business development with particular focus related to water distribution, wastewater collection/treatment/disposal and hydrology design/modeling, and general municipal engineering.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team and project, strategy development and change management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and risk management.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
Master of Science in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 12 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001NE
Back to top