Principal, Residential Market Leader - ( 210000KL )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As a professional design services firm, our Miami office is seeking a Leader to serve as the Principal, Residential Market Leader, developing client relationships, leading business development activities and continue our growth and success in the multifamily residential market and in diversifying our client and project base. In addition to the external development, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec. Our Miami office stands as a leader in our buildings practice for design and includes studios spanning Workplace, Hospitality, Civic/DOD, and Mixed-Use.
Your Key Responsibilities
+ Sustaining and growing revenue within the Miami and Florida market, helping to achieve top line growth for the business unit, and working collaboratively with the project team to achieve key operational performance metrics.
+ Leading local business development pursuits and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- People Management
+ Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the studio.
+ Collaborate with fellow principals, BC leaders and regional and national Sector Leader's (SL's) to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
+ Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e., Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering)
- Marketing and Business Development
+ Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
+ Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
+ Developing and driving marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
+ Developing, reviewing, and approving proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
+ Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
+ Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Primary experience should be in the multifamily residential market.
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in Florida
- 15 years of experience in business development in the architecture industry in the Miami market and surrounding area
- Experience managing a studio or team of professionals.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Miami
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-2194 Buildings-US Florida
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 11, 2021, 2:50:31 PM
Req ID: 210000KL
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans